This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 16 Senior Software Engineer. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 14 (Software Engineer) in the Engineer Job family.
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Participate in unit test case development
- Develop complex test scripts.
- Conduct impact analysis.
- Develop component design
- Provide system/application architecture
- Contribute technical alternatives
- Develop production support documentation.
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Work within project team on iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Analyze user stories for validity and feasibility
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Perform Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
- Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Participate in the development of Build and Deployment guide and script.
- Mentor new Engineers and junior Engineers.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies (microservices, AWS, & Docker a plus).
- Thorough knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. Business function(s) and of business operations.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and tools (Java, Spring, experience).
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Thorough understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
Highly competitive applicants will have the following:
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as BitBucket/Git or Gradle/Jenkins
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives including micro services, cloud deployment and technologies such as: AWS, Docker, Java, NodeJS, Spring Boot
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) is preferred
- An evident appreciation of current and emerging technology trends
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
More Jobs From