TVision is the leader in TV engagement metrics. We measure what was previously unmeasurable - how people actually watch TV. We enable the media industry - advertisers, networks, and technology partners alike - to reduce waste and drive greater and more efficient marketing results.
Utilizing cutting edge technology, TVision goes beyond traditional TV data to include measurement of presence in room, co-viewing and attention, producing best-in-class TV data. This allows us to provide critical data to inform the decision making of a $100B/year industry.
Our growth and innovation have been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, Business Insider, MediaPost, and Forbes. We were selected as a Best Place to Work 2019 by Built in Boston, and were named one of the top companies to watch in advertising technology by Business Insider in December 2019.
Measurement and data analysis lie at the foundation of TVision's data products. As an engineer working on TVision's data pipeline, you might find yourself working on
- the framework for training and tracking changes to our computer vision models;
- the data collection software that runs on our measurement devices;
- the error correction and statistical analyses in our back end that help us extract meaning from the raw measurements;
- or the compute and data storage infrastructure that makes all of this possible.
Because we believe strongly in working together with domain experts to build our software, our data analysis pipeline is built in the common language of data science, which is Python. Together with state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and OpenVINO, our primary tool for organizing computation is Apache Spark. The successful candidate for this position will be an experienced and confident developer with both Python and Spark.
But this role is not just about data science and data analysis; we expect you to be a generalist software engineer first. This is a centrally located, interdisciplinary role. You will be working closely with colleagues from all parts of our engineering and data science organizations, from customer-facing data analysts to systems and devops engineers.
In addition, because we also believe in the value of statically proven correctness, the back end services that manage our device and data ecosystem are built in Haskell. If you have experience or are interested in statically typed functional programming, so much the better.
You are a software engineer first, with experience working in an agile development environment following sound engineering practices. You are thoroughly familiar with Python and Spark, and some related technologies (machine learning frameworks, relational databases, other big data ecosystem tools). If you are primarily a data scientist, and your expertise with these tools is purely using them rather than developing with and integrating with them, this is not the role for you.
The specific requirements are as follows:
- 3 - 7 years of industry experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or closely related discipline (math, computer engineering).
- Substantial experience with Python and Spark, including enough confidence in Scala to understand what's going on in Spark under the hood.
- Experience with at least one relational database (we use Postgres). If you are also familiar with columnar databases (Redshift, Vertica, etc) even better.
- Engineering experience with at least one deep learning framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc) is desirable. You don't need to know how to build and train models, though it certainly doesn't hurt.
- Knowledge of Haskell is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic approach to software development.
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Your choice of comprehensive health benefits for you and your family (health, dental, vision)
- Short and long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- FSA/HSA accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays
- Gym membership discounts
- Financial support for ongoing professional development
- Casual dress and fun atmosphere