Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Platform pillar is tasked with building, delivering, and maintaining the technology platforms that Cedar builds its business on. Our Platform Core squad is responsible for the care and feeding of our software stack. They tackle large sophisticated projects to enable the business to scale, ensure our developers have a best-in-class runtime and development environments, help debug complex application issues, and make strategic bets on technology to enable new innovation.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced Backend Engineer to join our Platform Core team and level up this core function, partnering with us as we grow a world-class Engineering organization. They will identify and resolve a production bug in our data pipeline at one moment and forklifting our codebase to accommodate a major Django version bump the next.
- Design, build and maintain developer tools to improve developer efficiency and code reliability
- Develop, and test new tools and methodologies to improve Cedar computing environments
- Manage the Cedar cloud platform, looking for new opportunities to reduce cost and improve stability
- Maintain a broad and deep knowledge base of our entire platform
- Work across Software Engineering teams to share findings, drive best practices and call out major issues.
- Always strive to improve developer efficiency through local development environment improvements.
- Ensure technical issues within the Cedar platform are resolved quickly and with the highest quality solutions.
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgment, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of backend, infrastructure, or site reliability experience
- Managed and worked with Linux systems
- Experience deploying applications/tools into production environments
- Comfortable writing scripts (Bash, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ECS, S3)
- Worked with Docker or other container based tools
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a thoughtful and engaging team working to tackle a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.