6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As an engineer at 6RS you will help revolutionize the fulfillment through automation tools and build a flexible solution that uses automation to optimize and fulfill products across a wide range of markets. You will build flexible, scalable software solutions to support customers with moving merchandise as quickly as possible. This is an opportunity to join 6RS and help our customers meet the growing demands of fulfillment using autonomous robots and state of the art algorithms.
As a Software Engineer focused on Performance you will:
- Design and write algorithms that improve the efficiency of our warehouses.
- Optimize and expand new and existing designs in order to improve the scalability, performance, efficiency, and resiliency of our robot allocation stack.
- Solve customer problems by coming up with innovative solutions for warehouse allocation.
Here is what you will need day one:
- Desire to solve complex problems using optimized algorithms.
- Be comfortable with working on multiple languages. Currently developing in C++ and Typescript, but other languages may be used in the near future.
- Experience in some of the following technologies: Typescript, NodeJS, PostgreSQL Databases, Microservices Architecture, and Networking.
- Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices
- (we write lots of unit tests)
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.