At ActBlue Technical Services, we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. Our mission is to put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Our engineering and product organization is made up of 40+ people (and growing!). Were organized into cross-functional teams of 3-6 people. Teams operate independently in alignment with the broader organizational goals.
ActBlue Technical Services is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Payments team to help build technology that powers ActBlues significant daily transaction volume. The Payments Teams critical areas include: payment processing, recurring contributions, fraud mitigation, and internal tools that help teams with their payment-related workflows.
You will be contributing to our inclusive environment, fostering a culture that brings out the best in yourself and your colleagues. Your manager will be your champion and coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Along with your team, owning the payment life cycle from initial authorization to payout
- Providing technical leadership and vision in developing, testing, monitoring, and rolling out the next generation of our payments system
- Identifying high-impact opportunities and working with your team to understand trade-offs and define our roadmap
- Breaking down large, unscoped challenges into concrete, technical plans
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Redis, Amazon Web Services
- A team of passionate, curious, and innovative professionals
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Significant experience with server-side web application development, preferably with Ruby
- Experience with developing payment systems
- An aptitude for reasoning about and troubleshooting complex systems
- Proactiveness, communication skills, and fast learning
- Proficiency in relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Understanding of performance, scalability, and security concerns
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isnt just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isnt enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
You can work in our Somerville, MA HQ; our satellite office in Portland, OR; or remotely from anywhere in the US (CA, MD, NY, RI, TX, UT, and WI are preferred).
Were a growing team passionate about changing our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in! If you're interested, send your resume to [email protected]!
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
More Jobs From