We are seeking a talented software development engineer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based network performance monitoring solution. You have excellent design and programming skills and a desire to work with complex network and web technology where real-time performance measurements and robust high quality product is of paramount importance.
In this position, you will work with a team of skilled engineers building a SaaS solution that is deployed onto thousands of customer locations.
Although we have offices (currently closed) in Vancouver and Boston we are remote first and encourage candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada to apply!
What you will do:
- Design and develop configuration and monitoring tools and services on a Linux platform using agile development methodology
- Work on cloud-based and on-prem virtual monitoring points
- Ensure high quality components through good development practices, including design and code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies
Ideally youll have most of the following skills or experience:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Highly skilled in Python and shell scripting language
- Strong system design background and knowledge of Linux environment (specifically Debian and Ubuntu)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Experience in AWS and Azure environments
- Experience with container-based software and/or virtualization technologies such as KVM and VMWare
- Experience in REST API development
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience in continuous integration tool such as Jenkins, Travis, or TeamCity
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNetas SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
We take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.