Liaison International, is unique in that we are an established and stable organization but have that fast-paced energy and feel of an emerging technology company. Our SaaS based admissions management and enrollment marketing software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 31,000 academic programs at more than 1,000 institutions.
As a member of the team, PHP/Python Software Engineer is responsible for creating highly-scalable web applications and micro services.
- Work with team to create/maintain python components and services that will integrate with existing applications
- Work with management to provide for python related programming tasks
- Identify additional tasks and assisting other developers in completing tasks
- Assist in quality assurance process such as writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Develop micro-services and performant worker processes for the application
- Develop SQL queries for the application that targets high performance
- Work in a client-facing application development environment with minimal supervision on implementation tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or an IT related discipline, or its equivalent plus 5+ years of development experience with Python building high volume, public-facing modern web applications.
- Experience with scripting languages such as, Ruby, PHP
- Experience in developing RESTful API and Web Services.
- Experience in SQL relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of Micro Services, Containerizations, automated CI/CD pipelines and AWS services such as API gateway, Fargate, ElasticSearch, Security paradigms.
- proficiency with Agile software development methodology
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment on multiple projects
- Experience in working with software specifications and documentation
- Excellent analytical, debugging, planning and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working with developers, business analysts and other project stakeholders