Hopper is a mobile-only company that uses big data to predict and analyze airfare and accommodations. The app provides travelers with the information they need to get the best deals on flights and hotels, and notifies them when prices are at their predicted lowest points.
Since launching in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is the #1 travel app in over 37 countries and ranks as one of the top 10 travel apps in over 95 countries. Our users have watched 55 million trips since launch and book more than $2 million of travel through the app every day.
Hopper is backed by top-tier VCs Accomplice (FKA Atlas Venture), Brightspark, OMERS Ventures, CDPQ, Investment Quebec and BDC.
The RoleAs a Software Engineer for iOS you'll be part of a growing team of engineers and product designers with big ambitions: replacing the stress and inconvenience of shopping for travel on the web with a well designed, trustworthy, and informative mobile app. You'll work with the team that built our top-ranking app from scratch, pairing a high-quality user experience with unparalleled travel predictions. You'll make a direct impact for millions of users by working side-by-side with product designers to prototype and develop new features.
A perfect candidate has:We're looking for engineers of diverse backgrounds, from recent graduates to engineers with years of experience building consumer apps. Our fundamental requirements are a drive to learn and a shared engineering philosophy:
- Design and write beautiful code: simple, type-safe, performant and maintainable
- Collaborate with others to solve tough technical and product problems
- Identify opportunities to improve tools, processes, and software architecture
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- Google’s “Most Beautiful Apps” of 2016
- Google Play Award 2016 - Standout Startup
- Webby Award 2016 + 2018 - Mobile Travel + People’s Choice
- Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Award 2016 - Nominee
- Apple App Store Best of 2015 - #7 Best App of the Year