Chewy is hiring a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for our Pet Health Tech team in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate would enjoy building scalable web applications in the cloud using the latest technologies. We are looking for a self-starter to work on Pet Health focused applications across the entire stack. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor as part of a team of strong engineers building services for Chewys new Pet Health initiatives. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What you'll do:
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal and external applications with web technologies
- Build responsive sites for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Interact with the application stack to access and store information in a comprehensive application ecosystem
- Build application modules independently or with a team
- Design the complete solution of modules within a software ecosystem
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team in order to build quality software
- Bring industry best practices in terms of technology and process
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of experience creating modern web experiences across mobile and desktop browsers.
- Strong Experience with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Working Experience building applications using AWS services
- Experience with JSP pages to implement front-end templates for web applications.
- Strong knowledge of Java and other open source stack (spring, apache)
- Strong knowledge of NOSQL databases
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Ecommerce and/or Healthcare experience
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].