Were looking for a driven, communicative software engineer with solid Python / backend engineering skills, front end development experience with a framework such as Angular, who has excellent trouble-shooting skills and wants to be a part of a sustaining engineering and escalation team.
Essential Responsibilities /
- Deliver full-stack capabilities in our modern, developer-driven tech stack: Python / Postgres / Angular
- Debug software issues discovered in production and resolve them through software solutions
- Consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability
- Work directly with product management, support and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software issues and requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution
- Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories and defects to be delivered and shipped each release
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables by authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team and the entire engineering organization by taking lessons learned from production issues and making recommendations for preventative measures.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
Education Requirements /
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other technical related degree or equivalent experience required
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Math, or other technical related degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements /
- 4+ years of software development with demonstrated expertise in Python.
- 2+ years of experience in large scale AWS based software design and development.
- Proven ability reverse engineer software products to resolve software issues.
- Demonstrated experience debugging production software issues utilizing logs, reproduction, and reading code.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create diagrams, charts and graphs to convey concepts both to engineering staff and management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Experience in a true CI/CD environment