By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of Engineering leadership roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who We Are:
Sales Tech builds the platforms and tools to provide our sales and service associates a world class B2C pre-sales customer support and solution engine as well as creates systems and experiences that makes Wayfair the go-to destination for the FF&E needs of every business. To support our long term vision, we build customer-intelligent, market-driven customer and prospect acquisition channels and are responsible for all aspects of the agent experience including engineering the tools they use to manage leads, opportunities, orders, and the process systems they rely on such as compensation tracking. In addition, we own areas such as CRM management, top of funnel/sales intelligence analysis, and post-order customer experience for our B2B customers.
What Youll Do:
- As a Software Engineer II, youll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of e-Commerce
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others.
- Provide high quality code reviews and scalable architectural designs
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization
What Youll Need:
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- Proficient in designing systems at scale and relational database schema design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.