Our goal is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience! As a Platform Engineer you will be part of a team who daily impacts more than 2000 software engineers company-wide. The Platform Engineering team builds tools to help maintain efficiencies across the software organization; maintaining positive working relationships with dozens of engineering teams. Our goal is to build tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale development activities to keep pace with our rapidly growing teams across the Engineering department.
You will be helping build a team of Platform Engineers to support our microservices platform here at Wayfair. Your expertise in these areas and testing around it, will directly influence team strategy and adoption. We encourage experimentation in our tech teams and want to provide tools that solve problems. You can expect to meet with, strategize, and execute on embedded projects with teams to improve their patterns and practices, across our engineering departments.
What Youll Do:
- Design and implement systems that pave the way for other engineering teams to excel in the cloud and in microservices.
- Architect and write robust, well tested code for major team initiatives using .Net, Java, Python and other technologies.
- Design scalable systems using GCP, Kubernetes, OAuth, OPA and other technologies
- Design and build new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair
- Educate, mentor, and help provide support to the engineering community
- Advocate for and evangelize test across a variety of different engineering teams and work cultures
- Create a culture of collaboration with key stakeholders and service providers. Assists in keeping the teams knowledge of our technology landscape current
- Collaborate with Engineering Leaders to create and update project plans, coordinate efforts and resources on projects, as necessary.
- Experience providing feedback from the engineering organization to our team on the pain points of existing solutions
What Youll Need:
- Proven expertise in Cloud engineering and working on cloud enablement projects
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in enterprise level organizations
- Strong track record of delivering high-value engineering projects
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Ability to build tools and enable the workflows of other developers
- Communication skills and experience with engineering and business stakeholders
- Experience with most of the following would also be a plus:
- Building web applications on Docker & Kubernetes
- Worked with GraphQL services or GraphQL framework and tooling
- Kafka, Hadoop and Airflow or similar open source technologies
- CI/CD tooling and pipelines
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.