As a front-end focused Software Engineer, youll focus on building scalable, robust, and forward-thinking front end solutions for our platform. Youll collaborate with scrum team members and be responsible for driving front end-based development. Along with a small group of passionate front end engineers, you will help implement new innovations and an enhanced UX that delights our users.
Essential Responsibilities /
- Consistently apply best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, and maintainability
- Work directly with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirements into simple user stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories to be accomplished in an iteration
- Work directly with our designers, back-end developers and product team to continuously improve our web and mobile apps
- Proactively optimize client code to ensure stability and high performance
- Iterate quickly based on user feedback
- Drive value and continuously improve the quality of the team s deliverables by authoring well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
- Exemplify the principles behind Scrum and the Agile Manifesto in all interactions
Education Requirements /
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other technical related degree or equivalent experience required
Work Experience Requirements /
- 4+ years experience of hands on development
- 2+ years experience in front end development
- Experience in delivery of applications in AWS and the building blocks available within the ecosystem.
- Experience with Python
- Mastery of CSS, Bootstrap and/or Google Material Design
- Proven experience with automated Test Driven Development practices
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Experience developing edge tier services in support of front end applications.
- Experience in a true CI/CD environment