More than someone who checks every box, were looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
Youre customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What Youll Do
- Design, test and build our Datto SaaS Protection platform.
- Work with product management to develop new products and features that improve the MSP experience and ensure reliable and secure data protection for our customers.
- Work with software and hardware teams to improve Datto SaaS Protection system performance, scalability, durability, and security.
- Develop advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
- Passionately promote Dattos core values. Promote collaboration and team growth.
- Be a positive role model that others want to follow and be inspired by.
- Identify gaps in processes and tasks. Be an advocate of new ideas to drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
Skills Youll Need
- Experienced developer with object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable and maintainable software
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with SaaS, SOAP API, RESTful API, and HTTP technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience explaining technical concepts to all audiences
- Functional programming experience
- Go experience or an interest in learning Go
More About Datto
- Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
At Datto, were committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid paternal leave
- Datto University virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the
position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be
suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.