At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this job
We are looking for a talented Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team. We have positions open on several different teams, covering all aspects of our business; everything from a heavy frontend, consumer focus to a heavy backend, operations focus, and several points in between. This position is for those looking for exposure to several touch points in our technology stack and are interested in a holistic approach to engineering.
What youll do
- Work in a distributed architecture consisting of APIs and message/event consuming microservices.
- Help transform our data architecture for massive scale and high-performance while prioritizing data integrity.
- Champion user experience and create UIs that are scalable, intuitive and add value for users of all kinds.
- Begin to take ownership of larger initiatives, collaborating with other engineers to deliver project epics
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience building commercial software with a modern programming language
- An eagerness to join a fast-paced, growing, and evolving environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating rich user applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Angular or Vue, and modern state management tools, such as Redux
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and working with relational databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server.
- Desire to gain experience in a cloud-based ecosystem, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure, and particularly with Infrastructure as code methodology
You don't need to have experience with all of these. Were looking for talented and smart engineers who are willing to ramp up on these technologies.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Saga, Typescript, GraphQL, Storybook, Emotion
- Backend: Express, NestJS, TypeORM, MySQL, PostgresQL, RESTful APIs, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: AWS (including CDK, Fargate), Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices architecture
What you'll get when you join us
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Company sponsored fitness program
- Free mental health coaching
- Monthly stipend to support your work-from-home needs
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done