6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation. Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our
solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
Searching for a software engineer who has prior experience delivering results in a fast paced environment. You will work with a small, highly motivated team and must be able to contribute to the company’s unique culture, engage in
energetic exchanges on approach and design, and develop feature functionality quickly and elegantly. This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the development of our automation platform. You will work across disciplinary lines on a small team. We guarantee you will be bragging about your job to friends and family on weekends.
● Implement leading edge approaches to the development of mobile robot motion planning
● Author, test, debug and maintain reliable, production quality source code
● Demonstrate your solutions in real-world pilots
● 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise or distributed applications
● Working knowledge of optimization methods and controls
● Self-motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
● Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices (we write lots of unit tests)
● Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
● Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
● Bonus: Database and supply chain experience. Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
Competitive salary and equity. Excellent benefits and limitless career growth opportunities.
Position will be based at our headquarters in Waltham, MA