We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our File Gateway team within our Foundational Services Engineering organization (Platform zone). In Platform, we build the technical backbone that empowers athenaOne developers accelerate innovation, thereby helping shape the future of healthcare.
But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are a developer who likes to build and operate services for massive scale PBs of data, hundreds of millions of requests per day, with an enviable uptime. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Your future team, as part of the Platform organization at Athenahealth, will embark on a brand new initiative, with focus on building a reliable, scalable and secure platform to bi-directionally exchange files between athenaOne, end users and other healthcare entities. This platform will facilitate managed file exchange at scale. We anticipate rapid growth of both our business and our technology and are looking for strong engineer to come grow and learn with us.
- Design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge and domain expertise. Take ownership of what you and the team builds and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- About 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, AWS and various other technologies is helpful
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- We work in an Agile environment, so any prior Agile experience is helpful.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.