Office Tour Photos
Join Twitter’s Build team and work on the next generation of efficient build systems supporting thousands of Twitter developers worldwide, including our Open Source Mono Repo Build Tool, Pants. If you are strongly interested in improving developer productivity, the edit/build/test workflow and proficient with algorithms and data structures as well as one or more of Java, Scala, Rust and Python, check us out.
This role will continuously improve the efficiency of Twitter’s infrastructure at scale and developers’ productivity via innovation on tooling and methodologies. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems - you will find this role liberating, challenging and most of all fun. We are Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organization, and we help Twitter engineers develop world class software by implementing build systems for complex, polyglot source code, and developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure
What You’ll Do
- Understand developer workflows and help improve their experience through instrumentation, analysis, development, optimization, and work on the Pants Build tool.
- Design, develop and deliver distributed engineering build tools and platforms for one of the largest code bases in the world, using multiple languages.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Work with Open Source community to coordinate contributions to the product and help define the roadmap
- Evangelize adoption of open source tools in the developer community at large
Who you are
You will have exposure/experience with most of the following:
- Scala, Java (or any JVM language), Rust, Python, C/C++
- Development of build tools, cloud caching and IDEs
- Algorithms and data structures
- Web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Open source community
- Large, polyglot code bases.
- Agile development methodologies, CI/CD
- Engineering teams implementing build systems for complex source code, developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From