Constant Contact is a software company that provides a range of intuitive marketing applications designed to help small businesses and nonprofits expand their customer bases and nurture relationships. Solutions include email marketing, event marketing, social campaigns, and reporting. Within the role you will be serving small businesses and nonprofits worldwide, all while jump-starting your career in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Our unique Software Engineering Development Program (SEDP) is seeking professionals new to the field of software development to join us and start your Constant Contact engineering career with a year-long rotational program. During the program, the company will invest in you by providing the full package of professional and technical training, as well as mentoring and real work experience on a variety of different teams with different objectives. Throughout the year you and the other members of your SEDP class, will experience the entire project delivery process: from discovery and customer research through visits and interactions, to design and finally implementation. By the end of the program, you will gain all the necessary skills to be a well-rounded engineer at the company. After graduating the program, each member of the SEDP class will be placed onto a permanent team to continue your Constant Contact engineering journey.
The basics of the program:
- Rotate through four different teams getting broad experience in things like frontend, backend, DevOps, etc. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects across several teams.
- Work with your SEDP cohort (6 to 8 people) on a capstone project for an entire quarter to conclude the program - design, build, test, implement, and launch a customer-facing feature that will be released into production
- Participate in customized technical and soft-skills training throughout the year
- Use existing and emerging technologies such as Java, ReactJS, AWS, Kubernetes, and Ruby - in a CI/CD environment
- Make an immediate impact by writing production code with the help and support of experienced software engineers on each team
- Develop web applications at scale -- used by hundreds of thousands of customers
- Gain guidance from a variety of mentors and managers who will support you throughout the program
Our ideal candidate is:
- You will graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree by May/June 2022, or will have equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Excited to learn and experience web technologies at scale
- Passionate and interested in a broad range of technologies
- Looking for an awesome learning experience to build a solid foundation and accelerate your career
- Invested in our commitment and vision to transform how hundreds of thousands of small businesses connect with their customers
- Interested in helping our small business customers be successful
Why you'll love us:
- We celebrate one anothers differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- Youll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments and seek coaching opportunities.
- Weve got you covered. We are a family! From excellent medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must have received, or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for the job.