Office Tour Photos
As engineers on the Data Platform team, our mission is to build the fastest, most reliable, and largest-scale data processing technologies in the world - able to cope with ever-increasing volumes of data in real time and the need to protect user data - and then apply them to the company’s most critical and fundamental data problems.
What You’ll Do:
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, fantastic! We are looking for experienced engineers who love writing code, data engineering, understanding our customers, and collaborating with teammates to ship useful software. As a member of the team, You will build data compliance services to protect user data, build tools and frameworks to enable teams to efficiently manage end user data privacy and security across various storage systems. You will build systems to manage hundreds of petabytes of data and process tens of millions of events per second in real time. The services you build will integrate directly with Twitter’s products, opening the door to new and cutting-edge features. You will work with open-source technologies such as Hadoop, Scalding, Heron, and Presto.
You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
Who You Are:
You take satisfaction in building resilient, performant, and thoroughly tested distributed systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You get stuff done and thrive in a small group environment. You have a strong sense of ownership and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise. You welcome feedback on are constantly looking for ways to improve yourself.
On our team we need people who:
- Have 4+ years professional experience
- Have backend development experience with a solid foundation in ETL data pipelines, distributed systems, large-scale data processing
- Have proficiency with Scala, Java, C/C++ or Python
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services
- Show deep understanding in at least one data processing framework including Hadoop, Spark, Flink, KafkaStreams, or Dataflow.
- Enjoy working with our internal customers and having empathy for their problems.
- Embrace a growth mindset and want to improve ourselves, the team, our processes, and the products we work on.
Additionally it would be nice if you had:
- Success in developing in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Experience building tools and frameworks.
- Working knowledge of ETL and a query language
- Experience with oncall responsibilities
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From