Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for Software Engineers to work with our globally distributed engineering team. This role will allow you to directly contribute to the advancement of open source Trino and the Starburst proprietary enterprise analytics solutions.
- Design and Develop core components of Starburst products.
- Contribute to Starburst Trino and the open source Trino project.
- Analyze and Optimize software performance metrics and benchmark results.
- Automate testing infrastructure and contribute to ongoing test developments.
- Collaborate with global teams and operate in an Agile and customer centric development environment.
- In-depth software development experience with at least one modern language, Java is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering and design best practices.
- Appreciation for maintainable, performant, and high quality software.
- Interest in distributed systems or database internals such as query optimization, experience in these areas is preferred.
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.