At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. Our end-to-end suite of software solutions helps our customers answer thousands of emergency calls and text messages, and process video, disparate evidence and records.
We are also proud to be industry leaders in video security solutions installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Our products leverage cutting edge voice technology, language models, natural language understanding, video analytics, and machine learning to enable our customers to focus on what matters while providing faster responses, safer outcomes and greater transparency.
Our mission is to provide meaningful value to MSI’s customers by developing domain-specific applications and services in the areas of Speech & Audio, Machine Translation, Natural Language Understanding and Computer Vision.
The candidate will join a talented team of scientists and engineers (located in Chicago, Boston, Vancouver and Krakow, Poland) in the Chief Technology Office at Motorola Solutions working on developing mission-critical AI solutions for our public safety and commercial customers.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Engineer with a particular interest in working in the areas of Machine Learning and Computer Vision. As part of our Machine.
Learning team you will work alongside scientists and engineers to implement, deploy and maintain video security surveillance systems that use the latest machine learning and computer vision technologies. The work we are doing makes schools, airports, campuses, shopping malls, concert halls, stadiums, and many other public places safer. This role requires skills in working with tools and environments to prepare data, train and evaluate models and realize them in working demonstrations and production.
More specifically this involves:
- Working with research scientists and engineers in developing algorithms that are applied to challenging deep learning-based image and video recognition problems.
- Training deep learning models in a high performance computing (HPC) environment.
- Developing and maintaining scripts for data ETL (preprocessing and managing training and evaluation data).
- Conducting experiments (including writing code for evaluation) to assess the performance of object detection and classification models. Furthermore, comparing statistics from these evaluations to visual results (in video).
- Presenting and discussing ideas and results within the team and with internal stakeholders.
Our team is involved in the entire Machine Learning life cycle – from data collection, model development to inference and deployment, bringing with it unique opportunities to develop new holistic ideas in the domain and deliver a better experience for our customers.
We’re excited about the work we are doing in AI. Our teams are focused on creating domain-adapted AI solutions for our public safety and commercial customers. In particular, our video analytics are deployed across the edge (cameras), servers and the cloud in a multitude of environments and conditions.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field
- Experience in software development, preferably in Unix/Linux
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with basic concepts of probability theory and statistics
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with web development and document databases
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks (PyTorch or Tensorflow preferred)
- Be an avid programmer, with extensive expertise in Python or C/C++
- Activity in the Open Source community is a strong plus
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
More Jobs From