At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching and feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, and retain hourly talent at scale. We recently closed our series A, are seeing high demand, and are growing our team.
As an early engineering hire, in this role you will be responsible for a large share of our codebase and will serve as an expert on our data structure, access patterns, conventions, style guide, and more. As a good candidate, you have an eagerness for learning unfamiliar technologies and masters new topics quickly.
You will closely with the VP of Product while the product organization is expanded. As a good candidate, you will be expected to make design choices that balance ease-of-implementation with resilience at scale, and own delivery end-to-end.
Specifically, you will:
- Grow to comprehend WorkStep's technological and business environments and gather the context needed to inform productive development.
- Establish the trust and communication cadence necessary to work closely with Product while the team develops.
- Make meaningful contributions to the code base and contribute to the technical direction and vision for relevant products.
- 2+ years experience with production-grade software.
- Strong command of CSS and style processors.
- Experience with React and other web app frameworks like Angular, Backbone, Knockout, etc.
- Familiarity with task runners like Gulp, Brunch, or Grunt.
- Familiarity with a web framework like Flask, Django, Spring, Rails, etc.
- Strong understanding of REST and principles for robust API design.
- A working understanding of ORMs and underlying query structures.
A Plus if You Have
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with native mobile application development.
Who You Are
- Collaborative. You value teamwork and prioritize team successes over personal victories.
- A strong communicator. You communicate clearly with teammates to maintain cohesiveness.
- Growth minded. You want to be part of a growth stage organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You succeed in the face of ambiguous and complex problems typical of start-ups
- Remote working environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission
Come As You Are!
At WorkStep, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. WorkStep is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.