Tomorrow.ios Space & Sensors team is responsible for the development of unique RF-based sensing systems, such as radar and sonar, from architecture through implementation. The team is also responsible for the development of corresponding spacecraft and constellations in support of Tomorrow.ios Operation Tomorrow Space, which will collect data to be integrated seamlessly into our existing forecasting and modeling systems, revolutionizing global weather intelligence.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer who loves the process of designing and delivering high-quality, reliable, scalable software products that will have a direct impact on Tomorrow.ios strategic positioning in the market. As a contributor within the space & sensors software team, you will play a critical role in the execution of a complex, multidisciplinary system development program. Your challenges will include high-availability, interprocess communication, high data volumes, algorithms, data visualization, and exceptional user experience.
What youll do:
- Design, implement, and test the next generation features of Tomorrows ARENA software applications in C++.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to support ARENA software.
- Participate in design and code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
- Plan and estimate software tasks.
- Improve your skills by keeping up on the latest software tools, techniques and processes.
- Contribute to the companys engineering culture by implementing best engineering practices.
What you bring:
- 2+ years software development experience
- 2+ years C++ experience
- B.S. Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- OO Design / Design Patterns
- Linux Experience
- Interest/Experience working with hardware
- You have a strong ownership of your deliveries. You are accountable for your work, and your work can be trusted.
- A growth mindset
- Teamwork is natural to you. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Radar familiarity
- Agile Scrum
- Atlassian tool set
- User-Interface design
- Qt Framework
- Unit Test Harness (ie Qt test)
- Static Analysis / Linter tools
- Cross-platform development
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines (ie Jenkins)
- Deployment / build server management
So if your passion is to design cutting edge next-generation RADAR software to provide weather intelligence to the world and have fun while doing so, then this team is for you.
Proof of United States citizenship or lawful, permanent resident of the United States must be provided.
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an one office environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.