You will work with Glance’s Software Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Operations, and Product Management teams to propel Glance software development to the next level. This position is a fit for talented problem-solvers who see happy customers as their own reward. You should thrive on solving the known and unknown challenges of customer production environments and love to see a problem through from start to finish.
What You'll Do
- Work on problems of scale. Builds and maintains systems for a global audience that are highly performant, reliable, and fault-tolerant.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of customer-reported product issues (including examining product logs, system logs, software traces, crash reports, and other system debug information).
- Continually improve reliability, testability, supportability, and scalability of the existing applications.
- Keep systems purring by proactively finding and resolving issues while ensuring problems do not arise again.
- Support QA and Customer Success in increasing Glance quality, functionality, and performance.
- Provide continual improvement to our test and development processes, including improving internal and external documentation.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders and customers to drive the resolution of technical issues.
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience with consumer, B2B SAAS, or web applications; preferably on a small team in a small company.
- Experience traversing and manipulating Document Object Models in multiple makes and releases of web browsers.
- Proven knowledge of web and Internet technologies, proxy servers, firewalls, browsers, and settings, cookies.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols like HTTP(S), TCP/IP, WebSockets, and DNS.
- Experience creating and consuming web services (REST, SOAP/XML, JSONP, WebSockets).
We work with a lot of technologies. These skills would be nice to have but aren’t required:
- Image and video coding (jpeg, png, h.264, etc.).
- Python/Tornado and node/express servers.
- AWS services: ELB, EC2, S3, Route53, Lambda, etc
- SQL and/or Redis.
- Browser Extensions for multiple makes and releases of web browsers.
- Microsoft .NET including Web forms, Classic ASP, and WCF.
- Microsoft cloud application services including Azure and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Salesforce.com APIs and Lightning Components.
- Security standards, especially enterprise-focused, including SAML, JWT, and OAuth.
- Mobile (SDK/APK) and desktop (macOS/Windows) applications.
- Experience with node.js, C#, C++, Objective C, or Java.
Benefits & Culture
At Glance, we take culture seriously. Each of us strives to deliver results that delight our customers. We're a transparent organization that places a high value on trust, positive intent, and decisiveness. We value and seek diversity and embrace work/life balance for our team. We offer our team an excellent insurance package, 401k plan, and time-off benefits. Our offices remain closed. Team members can choose to work in the office on a limited basis. When opened, we do not require team members to be in the office each day. We have offices in Portsmouth, NH, and Wakefield, MA.