EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey – from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
What you’ll do:
- Be a builder and help shape and define brand new experiences for connecting educators and students to once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
- Collaborate with your team to design, implement, and operate new features and services.
- Work in a diverse cross-functional team of UX designers, product managers, and engineering peers to learn and influence business priorities, propose solutions, weigh trade-offs, and define success on behalf of our customers.
- Use technologies like Typescript, React, GraphQL, MongoDB, message brokers, and AWS services like ECS or Lambda every day, and occasionally refactor existing C# services.
- Operate and debug front-end applications and microservices in a distributed ecosystem across multiple domains.
- Mentor and be mentored in an egoless set of engineering peers with diverse and unique skill sets.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of professional non-internship experience in full stack development in production environments using any modern static programming language (Typescript, Scala, Go, C#, Java, etc.)
- You have a robust understanding of computer science fundamentals and common software patterns.
- You have production-level front-end experience (React, Vue, AngularJS, Next.JS, etc) paired with a solid back-end experience and are delighted to build API to UI with strong and consistent ownership.
- You are determined to find the best approach to solving technical challenges even if it’s not your own.
- You are comfortable not knowing all the answers, and you are eager to learn and grow beyond your current technical expertise.
- You know good development experiences from bad, and really care about optimizing your own development experience and process.
Benefits and perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.