Team member on the edX Teaching & Learning team. Were looking to add/augment the teams delivery capacity and really make a difference for online educators and learners. Help us make course creation and administering easier, add course-learner enhancing features, and scale as our content and learner base grows.
The T&L team is made up of a mix of everything; from a former intern, to a principal engineer who has been with edX for almost a decade.
T&L owns core parts of our platform, including the components that make up courses, as well as much of the Studio experience for building them.
- Design, develop and deploy software solutions in React, Django and Python
- Work with product to create a joint understanding of customer needs and how to fulfill them
- Work with analysts to collect and leverage key insights in how teaching and learning features are used
- Collaborate with team members to build and maintain awesome features while learning and sharing your ideas and knowledge
- Diagnose and fix any issues
- Between 0-4 years of software development experience
- Experience with ReactJS and/or Python
- A desire for continued learning
- Strong collaboration skills
- A bias for action and customer centricity
- Full stack development experience
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Background with accessibility and performance
- Experience and opinions on frontend frameworks
- AWS experience
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.