Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, rapid growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payer industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
Do you have a passion for the craft of software engineering? Our Engineering SWAT team is looking for motivated, versatile, and naturally curious software engineers that are excited about using cutting edge cloud technology to better the US healthcare industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for engineers early in their career to work closely with a world-class engineering team (and cross functionally with other teams within our company: Executives, Product, Implementation, Delivery, Customer Success, and Sales) to help solve our customers' most challenging business and operational needs. In this role you will have the opportunity to be mentored by Sr. level engineers and learn best practices to building highly tested, quality software products. If you are looking to learn best engineering practices, become an expert in AWS (and other cloud platforms), and work at an innovative, fast-paced technology company disrupting the healthcare industry... youve found it.
What Were Looking For:
- High curiosity and innate problem solving mindset.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline.
- 1+ year of commercial software development experience or relevant internships.
- 1+ year of building or using cloud services in a production environment or internship experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to overcome complex, often ambiguous, technical problems.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java, or other OOP Languages).
- Strong database knowledge in both relational and non-relational structures
- Challenge the status quo: outside the box problem solving acumen.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and be taught.
- Professionals who thrive when owning problems end-to-end and be willing to learn the skills and knowledge to accomplish organizational goals.
- Go-getter with self-starter mindset.
- Stays current with new technology and development techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong analytical, problem solving, organization and prioritization skills
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience working in or with healthcare or health insurance companies
- Knowledge with or of cutting edge technologies such as Serverless, Terraform, Lambda, EKS, Kubernetes, SQS, Airflow, Athena, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Spark, Massive Parallel Processing platforms (MPP)
- Full-stack development experience with UI/UX knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type in regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.