A hands-on development manager will be responsible for running an agile team or multiple agile teams of software developers to deliver customer-specified enhancements to Liaison International’s suite of web and mobile products. This position requires participation in all aspects of software development, such as requirement gathering, architecture and design, estimation and planning, coding, testing and deployment.
- Absorb and understand system requirements. On occasions, client meetings will be required.
- Along with the Scrum Master, run grooming sessions with the team to ensure that the stories are well written, understood and estimated
- Work with the Project Manager to plan the projects
- Work with the Architect to define optimal architecture for the project and best development practices
- Supervise your team’s development and testing activities. Hands-on participate in development and troubleshooting where required. Ensure timely delivery of committed work.
- Ensure your team’s adherence to the defined design and coding patterns and to the overall development processes
- Mentor your team. Help your developers resolve issues of various nature.
- Strong background in enterprise software development as a development team lead or hands-on development manager
- Up-to-date skillset and very high proficiency with server-side Enterprise Java, Spring and Hibernate frameworks, relational DBMS
- High proficiency with Agile/SCRUM development process
- Extensive experience working with remote development teams
- Strong working knowledge of Git and GitHub code management tools
- Strong working knowledge of Continuous Integration release process (preferably using Jenkins) and integration testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of AngularJS or similar web UI development framework
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails is a plus