Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager for our Pet Health Tech team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this new and growing line of business. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as an individual contributor while leading a team of strong engineers building services for Chewys new Pet Health initiatives. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of 5software and quality assurance engineers responsible for building Chewys new Pet Health initiatives
- Recruit and hire new quality engineers and mentor the growth of the existing team
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owner to manage a backlog to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for individual contributors
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Collaborate on design and implementation of scalable test environments for development and testing
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
What you'll need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Systems Engineering or a similar math or engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects (mobile or web application development, test automation, or release engineering domains)
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Solid fundamental background in multiple testing disciplines (e.g. APIs, Functional UI testing, Performance testing, data-oriented systems test, distributed systems, etc)
- Familiarity with multiple technologie stacks including both static and dynamic programming languages (we primarily use Java, but are not limited to Java/JVM tools).
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Must be more than proficient at both written and spoken English
- Position may require travel
- Ecommerce experience
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience building applications using AWS services
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].