Chewy is looking for Software Development Manager to join our Fraud Detection & Prevention team in Boston, MA. This role has significant growth opportunity to own and drive our Fraud Service platform! This will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of business-feature, architecture, design.
As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to lead a team of strong engineers building services for Chewys Fraud & Risk initiatives.
In this role you will be innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewys explosive growth in customers, sales, and team expansion. The engineering team owns implementation, data stewardship, architecture, and transformation of all business logics for different aspects of online Fraud.
The ideal candidate will have proven, hands-on experience managing a team of engineers and maturing team operations. Above all other factors, we are looking for smart, driven candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of 4-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewys next generation Application and complimentary products.
- Drive and collaborate technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Drive the team toward execution of corporate strategic objectives
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations; provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Establish technical standards and guidelines to ensure integrity of systems and compliance with company IT standards, policies, and processes
- Implement process measurements to ensure quality standards and throughput is maintained by each engineer
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer or architect
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Good communication skills with both technical and business audiences.
- E-commerce experience
- Past experience in Fraud Analytic/Payment/Checkout
- Java experience
- AWS development experience
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com