Come join the team building Alexa, the service powering the wildly successful Amazon Echo! You can help us invent the future. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will form and lead a team of talented, seasoned engineers to allow Alexa to provide customers with precise answers to their questions. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
You should have a commitment to working with a diverse team as well as strong communication skills. Our team values contributions from members with a variety of technical backgrounds and experiences. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical and innovative, and relish the opportunity to delight customers with pioneering solutions, we want to talk to you.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are passionate about Alexa and making people's lives better. You have a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. You take a pragmatic and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done, analyze customer feedback and focus on the most impactful and successful ideas customers need, fail fast, and work effectively with external and internal teams. You are highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience. You are a hands on leader who loves working closely with engineers to architect and develop robust, scalable technical designs. You are a coach, a mentor, attuned to people career aspirations, a leader who creates a positive climate in the workspace.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7 years of full life cycle software development experience
· 5 years experience managing software development teams with success in mentoring and developing highly successful teams
· Experience with architectural or distributed systems experience
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in programming in more than two languages (C++, Java, Python…) and relevant open-source technologies
· Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
· Design of architectural and distributed systems
· Experience mentoring entry level software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A strong track record of delivering quality products
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From