The ideal candidate for this role has an undeniable passion for software testing and quality practices, with a demonstrable specialization in test and implementing testing best practices throughout the SDLC. You will understand when to and not to apply different levels of test, show an understanding of application and system architecture, possess detailed knowledge of practical code design, use diplomatic communication skills, and influence best practices for testability across your team(s) to create a test-first mindset within Wayfair. You will aim for simple, scalable solutions where possible, and demonstrate the ability to think creatively and critically with both deep and broad knowledge of test-architecture and software development.
- As a member of an Agile Scrum team, your work will begin at the earliest stages of product development; Influencing requirements, architecture, design, and process to enable and improve testability.
- You will advocate for quality alongside engineering and business stakeholders throughout all phases of the SDLC on behalf of internal and external customers.
- You will have a test automation-first mindset, developing tests in parallel with feature development.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
- Design and build advanced and highly scalable automated test infrastructure.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing, and maintainability.
- Help build teams and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- You will leverage existing test frameworks, and contribute to their extension, to accomplish your qualification objectives in a CI/CD environment.
- You will use your knowledge and experience in test automation to determine the best type of test to implement, such as API, Integration, DAO, UI, or manual test, based on the needs of the team and product.
- You will share your knowledge, experience, and practical results across multiple teams, through broader teachings or direct mentorship, as part of Wayfair's culture of collaboration.
- You have at least 8+ years of experience working as a Quality Engineer or SDeT with automation tools knowledge, including such tools as Selenium, Karate, Cypress, Appium, or others.
- You have experience with API/Integration testing and advanced testing methodologies such as All-Pairs Testing, Clustering, Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, etc.
- You are strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems and propose creative solutions with automation, finding the best solution for the needs of the team while driving best practices in testing.
- You have an understanding of how systems fit together, with experience in digesting new or existing systems to create test strategies for scalable success of the system and its parts.
- You have a strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously, and an adaptive personality with the ability to function within a fast-paced environment.
Nice to haves
- You have served as a leader or mentor for junior team members and direct peers in testing methodologies, with experience in proactively sharing information of best practices.
- You have worked in Test-driven development.
- You have experience in pipeline creation and development for testing in a CI environment, using tools such as Buildkite or Jenkins.
- You have a strong, functioning knowledge of Agile Scrum.
- You have hands-on experience with performance testing methodologies.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.