At Advisor360, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you dont meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Though many of our roles are assigned to a particular office location, most are a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
The Software Development Engineer in Test with a key focus in Infrastructure testing. Responsible for creating and automating platform-wide infrastructure system tests, leading and coordinating performance system test initiatives, and writing test plans and strategies. You are a self-starter with a vision for quality and process improvement with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Note: This is not a 100% remote role. We are 2 days in-office, 3 days remote (Weston, MA)
- Experience creating and automating platform-wide infrastructure system tests
- Develop scripts to validate the overall health and operation of on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Write API test tools
- Write test plans and strategies
- Write Alpha test plans
- Create and automate infrastructure tests
- Report, analyze, and track defects
- Work closely with other QA team members, Development, and stakeholders
- Participate in team standups, planning, and other meetings
- Design test scope, approaches, and strategies
- Create test plans and cases as appropriate, possibly directing others
- Design, manipulate, or locate test data
- Ensure appropriate tests are executed both during development and upon deployment
- Collaborate with team members to identify areas of high risk and the root cause of problems
- Work closely with team members and developers to detect, prioritize, and fix defects
- Provide appropriate status and risk assessment for management
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure test tools
- Self-starter with a vision for quality and process improvement
- Software development/coding experience, specifically in Python
- Ability to work independently and within a Scrum team
- Experience in scripting with Python
- 3+ years SIT and Alpha experience
- 5+ years testing experience in information services/technology, both back and front end
- 3+ years SQL experience writing and executing complex queries to verify and validate data
- 3+ years experience in Agile and Scrum development SDLC and methodologies
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of automation frameworks and benefits of automation to overall quality
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment, particularly with source control and bug-tracking in TFS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn new and exciting technologies and improve personal skills to deliver the highest quality software to our clients
Additional Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree
- ISTQB certification a plus
- Working knowledge of automation frameworks and methods a plus
Were not your typical WealthTech company. Advisor360 was born out of tens of thousands of pieces of feedback received during the past 20 years from the industrys highest-producing financial advisors. Our software is second to none in creating operational efficiencies, unifying all the systems advisors need to run their businesses. Advisor360 launched in April 2019 as a new stand-alone technology company from our sister company, Commonwealth Financial Network, the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviserindependent broker-dealer in the United States. With more than 2,000 independent advisors, Commonwealth is Advisor360s first customer; MassMutual is its second, bringing an additional 9,000 advisors onto the platform.
Come grow with us! Advisor360 is an exciting new venture, combining the nimble and innovative qualities of a start-up with the stability of a mature company. We have a track record of the highest satisfaction ratings by financial advisors in industry-leading publications, as well as a reputation for high workplace quality; for 12 years, as part of the Commonwealth team, we were voted one of the 100 best technology companies to work at by Computerworld. Benefits include a robust bonus plan, PTO, VTO (Volunteer Time Off), free access to vacation homes around the world, 50% 401(k) match, stock appreciation rights, referral bonuses, 80% of HMO premium for individuals and families, life-insurance coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, education assistance, flexible spending accounts, and employee assistance programs, just to name a few.
Join us on this journey. We believe that diversity drives innovation and so we are building a company where everyone is truly welcome. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work every day. The way we see it, were here to learn from each other. Are you ready to grow with us?
Advisor360 is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.