We are seeking a talented software engineer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based network performance monitoring solution.
You have excellent design and programming skills and a desire to work with complex network and web technology where real-time performance measurements and robust high quality product is of paramount importance. In this position, you will work with a team of skilled engineers building a SaaS solution that is deployed onto thousands of customer locations.
Although we have offices (currently closed) in Vancouver and Boston we are 100% remote friendly and encourage candidates located anywhere in Canada or the U.S. to apply!
What you will do
- Join an agile team to design and implement features of cloud-based and on-prem monitoring points
- Develop REST APIs and contribute to the overall API framework.
- Develop UI for the services on Linux, macOS and Windows platform
- Ensure high quality components through good development practices, including design and code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies
Ideally youll have most of the following
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Python and scripting languages
- Experience in REST API and web development using Python-based frameworks
- Strong system design background and knowledge of Linux environment (specifically Debian and Ubuntu)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment
- Experience in macOS application development with Swift in Xcode
- Experience with AWS and Azure services
- Experience with container-based software and/or virtual machines
- Experience in continuous integration tool such as Jenkins, Travis, or TeamCity
- Experience in microservice architecture
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNetas SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
We take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.