The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
AspenTech is looking for a Data Architect to join our growing Asset Performance Management Engineering team to help build the next generation AI Product suite.
- Help develop Data Platform Architecture and implementation strategy for our next generation product suite.
- Work with various product teams and platform services owners to develop comprehensive data architecture (for offline and real-time use cases) for platform and applications.
- Help us build data pipelines (offline and real-time) using right technologies. You have great understanding data lakes/data warehouse technologies in the market.
- Help product teams with your extensive background in developing and operating large-scale cloud-based distributed applications - with direct experience developing/running services on-premise and cloud and are well-versed in best practices and patterns.
- Help us focus on designing data infrastructure (datalake integrations, pipelines, data cleansing, tagging) solutions that meets scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability criteria.
- You will help prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt and build and execute a plan to pay it off.
- You will work with stakeholders to drive alignment between architecture projects and product roadmap. You will have the ability to ask tough questions, have a principled but also pragmatic approach to decision-making, have stellar written and verbal communication abilities (that also means skilled interactions with developers and non-technical people alike).
- You're also the type that loves to teach others and be hands on yourself. Finally, you are an effective communicator, able to articulate your technical and architectural know-how in a way that will influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal, understanding that building incredible software cannot be done in isolation but together as one team.
What You'll Need
You are a Senior technical leader with hands on experience and a consistent track record in Data Engineering offering a broad understanding of the following tools and technologies.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- 15+ years of software architecture experience within the Enterprise Data/Big Data space
- Experience building highly scalable, low latency data pipelines using technologies like Apache Spark (or similar technologies) is required.
- Experience working with messaging and stream processing frameworks like Kafka or Apache pulsar is a required.
- Deep Technical Hands on Expertise within one or more of the following (preferably with several): Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, Time Series Databases, Graph Databases
- 5+ years of Cloud experience including AWS, Azure.
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSql, Python/C++/Java/C#.
- Understanding of ML Ops is a plus
- Knowledge of microservices is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in Linux Mandatory
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Great interpersonal, team playing and can do attitude. Uncompromising will to learn
- English fluency (written and verbal) required