Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
As a member of a project team, the Software Configuration Specialist III is an experienced resource responsible for delivering technical implementation tasks for customers. The Software Configuration Specialist III assumes ownership of designs and processes while working independently with little to no supervision, and may lead a small team in configuring, building and testing the application. The Software Configurations Specialist III is developing Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Software Configuration and is able to assist other teams in understanding the functional impact of various implementation options.
- Designs the software configuration and customization to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Supports the Sales and Product Management and Client Delivery teams through knowledge of the product or product line by providing pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support.
- Develops a configured application prototype and conduct a client walkthrough to validate the configuration design and explore gap options.
- Works with and/or may lead a team of other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals. Informs the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Participates in code reviews and fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and participate in transitions of the application components to the testers
- Independently leads discussions with internal teams and the customer team.
- May assume project leadership responsibilities on teams, typically leading small teams
- Identifies risks, problems and solutions, and may exercise independent decision making for problems within his or her workstream, and defaults to a more senior resource for decisions impacting the broader project team, product and/or customer.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Or Masters degree plus minimum of 3 years related professional experience.
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform solutions a plus
- Preferred experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Preferred experience in HTML, ASP, and XML
- Ability and experience performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.