Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
As a Software Architect at Virgin Pulse, you will be working on a Digital Health SaaS platform that supports millions of engaged, active members in 20 languages across 190 countries, serving over 50 billion+ API calls every year to mobile and web users.
In this particular role, you will be a part of our Architecture team, responsible for supporting an enterprise-wide software portfolio, working across multiple delivery teams aligning on strategic vision, delivery and performance expectations. This position will have frequent interactions with various delivery teams where you will be working with a passionate and strong team of engineers and product managers. With your strong background in cloud technologies and software architecture you will have the opportunity to develop, manage and evolve our tech stack.
What your typical day looks like
- Provide expertise and establish best practices on the development, monitoring, and maintenance of technologies
- Propose and develop architecture designs and blueprints while ensuring alignment to the broader architecture design principles and technology strategies
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to the more junior team members to enable them to build better software.
- Identifies and proactively designs technical debt out of the solutions
- Produce comprehensive technical views of the solution area's components at the application, service, and communication layers
- Design end-to-end solutions that meet design, scalability, security, regulatory compliance and maintainability requirements
- Mastering our development process, culture and code base
What you bring to the team
- 8 or more years of software engineering experience with at least 2 years in a lead/architecture capacity
- Demonstrated examples of building complex web and mobile applications
- Experience with multiple software languages, with proficiency in Angular, iOS, or Android
- Prior experience creating solution architecture for large/complex solutions
- Proficiency in UX architecture and how it relates to component based design
- Experience with modern and responsive web and native designs
- A solid understanding of best practices for software development including testing, monitoring, and design
- A desire to partner closely with appropriate stakeholders to refine features and frameworks
- Ability to articulate and champion design strategies related to scalability, maintainability, performance, security and usability
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new business domains and technologies
What makes you stand out
- Experience in building and supporting a component based architecture in complex applications
- Experience in implementing micro-frontend framework
- Highly proficient in Angular, iOS, or Android
- Experience with Spring Framework full stack development
- Actively participate in development community
- Experience with content delivery systems in a cloud environment
- Know how to build, deploy, and run applications all the way to production
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through partnerships with our secure vendors.