Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Software Architect to join our team.
The Software Architect in our Identity Governance group is Imprivatas most distinguished level of engineer and represents a highly experienced and skilled specialist in their field. This role will be focused on designing and developing a cloud-based version of our identity management, governance, and compliance offering.
The Architect spends most of their time researching, designing and solutioning our software. The architect works with project managers and the Identity Governance development team to assure that our design for the Identity Governance solution is most effective. Additionally, this role is responsible for the review and support of software design and implementation submitted by our engineers. The Architect also writes complex code and works with engineers to support their hands-on development.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the Identity Governance software development team. The Software Architect validates solutions for complex problems that address key business concerns and provides technical thought leadership for the development of new products or methods. The Software Architect is responsible for technical leadership of projects of significant size and impact to the product. Advanced training and specialized experience in relevant technologies is required, as well as leadership ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architects complex enterprise software systems and components.
- Contributes to the development of new theories and methods (some patentable).
- Advocates for new technologies and performs research and selection as needed.
- Employs expertise as a deep specialist. Applies expert knowledge and skills to complete specialized tasks.
- Performs regular reviews of the designs and proposed architectures of other engineers.
- Performs code reviews.
- Coaches and mentors other engineers.
- Develops complex code, especially for complex distributed systems. Creates unit, functional and system automated tests.
- Drives automated testing and acts as an evangelist in that area.
- Leads and documents best practices for engineering.
- Assists with, troubleshoots, and resolves the most complex of our customer issues many involving integrations and/or infrastructure.
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years development experience in a progressive technical leadership role.
- Strong leadership and soft skills are a must, including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners.
- The ability to develop and lead consensus on complex proposals within engineering groups, as well as with other teams and outside partners.
- The ability to assess and plan, from discovery stages through product delivery.
- The ability to work with senior product management on strategic initiatives that have architectural aspects.
- Capability and comfort in presenting to executive staff.
- Technical qualifications:
- Cloud-based application development experience with microservices, with a strong preference for implementing end-user workflows and applications.
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate).
- Experience with relational databases, data storage and principles.
- Advanced understanding of PKI and software security principles, design and implementation. Encryption of data in motion and at rest.
- Advanced experienced with multi-tenant enterprise systems, including cloud.
- Understanding of authentication concepts, with multi-factor authentication being desirable.
- Experience building software that is robust, resilient and capable of providing high performance under heavy load.
- The following are not required but are a plus:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP.
- Experience with SCIM.
- Experience with user provisioning.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The Company is requiring all of its new employees who regularly work at a Company office, attend Company-related events/meetings, or travel on behalf of Imprivata to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However when an employee cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, the Company will consider whether a reasonable accommodation is required by applicable law. If you believe that you cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, you may request an accommodation by contacting us. Otherwise, you will need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.