At Liaison, we’ve helped higher ed institutions build better, more diverse classes for three decades. You may recognize us as the company behind the Centralized Application Service (CAS), Enrollment Marketing services and platform (EMP), SlideRoom, Time2Track, TargetX (CRM) and Othot.
Everything we do is focused on taking that proven success and expanding its scope and scale. Over 31,000 programs on more than 1,000 campuses see us as a forward-thinking partner integral to meeting their total enrollment goals — and we’re building the data- and mission-driven team that will reinforce our role for decades to come.
We are seeking a capable, motivated, and experience Software Architect to work with our engineering team to design, develop, implement, optimize and maintain our application and data integration services across our product suite. If you love tackling problems head-on, enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems and like keeping yourself updated with the latest trends in technology, then you will fit in well with our team. We run a fast-paced but casual team that operates in a supportive atmosphere.
To be successful as a Software Architect, you should be able to identify and design the optimal software architecture for high volume customer facing services in accordance with best practices, security and compliance policies. You should have excellent communication, design and troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and be a team player.
- Lead design and architecture of enterprise grade, consumer facing, and cloud native products used by millions of users
- Perform Architecture, Design & Code review/audit as part of the process.
- Cultivate best practices within the design and development team in terms of design standards, coding standards, best practices, etc. to enable the technical and business maturity of the team
- Work with other architects and contribute to overall governance and standardization of patterns across different products
- Be an Evangelist for distributed patterns and architecture with the organization
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Integration Architecture
- Lead technical design sessions
- Consult in requirement gathering sessions
- Authoring technical design documents such as system design, HLD and LLD
- Managing the technical delivery of integrations and custom extensions
- Optimization and tuning of applications based on performance metrics
- Setup best practices, Standards, Patterns Development and automate process for onboarding.
- Developed playbooks for troubleshooting and support teams
- Designed monitoring solutions and baseline statistics reporting to support the implementation
- Promote cross team synergy and alignment to optimize code-sharing, improve application performance and increase speed to market
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an IT related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with cloud native applications, micro-services and associated development and deployment workflows including design of CI/CD processes
- Worked on multiple enterprise integration projects
- Experience of microservice design with implementations including distributed transactions patterns, event-souring, distributed monitoring and tracing, event-driven microservice and analytics collection.
- Experience in designing API Management Solutions and very good knowledge of AP Design (Open Specifications), API Security, Management, Life Cycle and Developer Collaboration.
- Experience in asynchronous messaging integrations including point-to-point, distributed and publish/subscribe implementations.
- Well versed in Enterprise Application Integration Patterns for best practices and anti-patterns to avoid.
- Experience with Java, C# or other object-oriented languages
- Hands on experience on many integration platforms – API Management, ESB/SOA, Security Gateway
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing.
- Strong comprehension, problem-solving & troubleshooting, analytical and consultative skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships within our Engineering team, across the company, and with partners and customers.
- Demonstrated experience working in agile development environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining applications and services in the AWS cloud. Relevant AWS certifications are a plus.
- Solid experience and knowledge in the deployment of Apache Kafka and ELK stack or AWS equivalent
- Strong experience with API Management, and preferably Amazon API Gateway
- Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes and Containers
- Experience in migrating on-premises solution to Cloud and converting monolith systems to micro-service based architecture
- Experience with relational and No-SQL (ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, others) databases
- Knowledge of web services, REST APIs
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence