Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an Software Architect to join our athenaCollector team within our Core Services Engineering organization.
In athenaCollector we build technology solutions that automate revenue lifecycle management. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact by simplifying complex administrative task, so medical practices can devote resources to patients.
But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are an Software Architect. You will lead the technical strategy and vision of our Claim and Invoice zone, closely working with other technologists to produce key architectural capabilities, to ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems.
You are an influential leader who demonstrates exceptional design & engineering excellence. Your chief job will be to build our strategy to micro service our Collector platform while maintaining the delicate balance between modernization and delivering business value.
The Team: Our zones ensure the financial success of our clients through automation and outsourcing of work related to patient registration, authorizations and claim submission. We have many talented engineers that need a high performance architectural leader to inspire, mentor, lead and help shape their designs
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Identify and influence the solution to complex technical issues. Build prototype and POCs to promote new technologies and processes
- Lead by example, delivering high-quality code for critical sections of the product and/or platform; champion quality standards, performance and scalability
- Provide cross-functional coordination and communication, and mentorship of less senior team members.
- 10+ years experience as an architect/leader
- Proven experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ECS, AWS Service Catalog)
- Automating provisioning distributed services on public/on-perm cloud platforms
- Deep database experience RDBMS and No-SQL
- Understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Familiarity with BPMN engines and other DMN technologies preferred
- Extensive Agile preferred
- Knowledge of health interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7, ANSI) and different healthcare systems (EHR, EMR, CDS) a plus
Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From