Social Media Specialist - Boston, MA
Nasuni is looking for a Social Media Specialist to be responsible for managing the Nasuni corporate social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. The social media specialist will be a key member of the Corporate Marketing team and report to the Senior Director. This role will be responsible for developing the companys market presence and leadership role via its corporate blog strategy and growing Nasunis earned social presence. Candidates must have experience with digital and social channels, preferably in the technology industry.
This role will be expected to collaborate across the marketing organization to understand areas of opportunity to support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success identified social campaigns. The Nasuni Social Media Specialist should have an overall awareness to the industry and key Nasuni competitors.
The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that balances an extreme attention to detail with a creative mindset to maintain an effective social presence.
He or she should also have a high level of comfort with data and reporting metrics to understand Nasunis social performance related to impressions, shares, engagement, and followers. The Social Media Specialist will be expected to deliver performance insights to senior management regarding success, areas for opportunity, and insight on overall effectiveness.
As the Social Media Specialist, you will ...
- Develop a holistic social media strategy that is focused on growth strategies for existing social channels and the development and execution of new social channels.
- Maintain a quarterly calendar of planned social and blog related content to ensure a consistent posting cadence.
- Implement and maintains social media communities and campaigns.
- Coordinate with extended marketing teams to concept, develop, and execute impactful social content that aligns to Nasuni messaging and is targeted to the audiences of each platform.
- Identify opportunities to develop content for social media purposes (e.g. customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers).
- Understand keyword priorities and how they integrate into the overall content strategy.
- Keep pace with social media industry trends and developments.
- Develop and implement plan for internal social training that emphasizes the power Nasuni employees to drive social awareness.
- Maintain metrics platform and produce weekly reporting on social media KPIs, including proactive recommendations for optimizing strategy.
Required skills + experience we look for are
- 1-3 years experience in a social media marketing role, preferably within the B2B space.
- Solid understanding of the social industry, current platforms, trends, and best practices.
- Exceptional relationship building skills in a cross-functional, highly matrixed global environment.
- A strong writing style with attention to creativity and grammar
- Flexible and team player mentality.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Preference for a greater Boston location, but open to remote candidates.
The ideal candidate is ...
- Smart: intellectual curiosity is critical at Nasuni and in this position.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and does not wait to be told what to do.
- A doer: rapid closure on tasks and projects is imperative to out-run our competitors.
- Humble: We are growing at 120% year over year, but we are still fighting every day to transform traditional global file infrastructure using the cloud.
- Passionate: Nasunistas are very passionate about our customers and our mission to disrupt the file services market.
Nasuni delivers a single software platform to store, protect, synchronize, and collaborate on unstructured file data at scale. Nasuni Cloud File Services, powered by the patented UniFS global file system, leverages cloud storage to modernize primary NAS and file server storage; file archiving; backup; and disaster recovery, while offering transformational new capabilities for multi-site file collaboration. By combining the low cost, unlimited capacity, and durability of private or public cloud object storage with the high performance, security, and broad application compatibility of traditional disk-based file storage, the Nasuni subscription service improves workforce productivity, simplifies IT operations, and reduces IT costs. Nasuni operates globally from its worldwide headquarters in Boston, Mass., USA.
Why work at Nasuni?
As part of our commitment to your well-being, we are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits packages to employees across the world. Benefits packages vary by geography, but generally include:
- Take-What-You-Need paid time off
- Incentive stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Generous employee referral bonuses
To all recruitment agencies: Nasuni does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job boards, Nasuni employees or any other company location. Nasuni is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Nasuni is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy at Nasuni protects employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.