Mimecast is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Secrets Team. The purpose of the team is to design, implement and operate the next generation secrets management service, the next gen authentication and authorization framework for Mimecast services, and build a large scale, high throughput key management service. Ideal candidates will share a passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale massively and are not afraid of exploring unconventional solutions.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be passionate about ensuring that our services are running optimally at all times and about detecting/addressing any anomalous behavior with a minimum of delay. When necessary, you will also be required to handle incidents and, most importantly, protect customers by minimising impacts on them by maintaining effective and swift communication and providing quick solutions in high pressure situations.
What we’ll expect from you:
You will be responsible for....
- Monitoring, alerting, SLO tracking (Grafana, Graphite).
- Detection / early warning / self-heal.
- Facilitate emergency / incident response.
- Change management and delivery pipeline into production.
- Provisioning / automating deployment infrastructure.
- Ensure safety, predictability, repeatability and auditability of all build and deploy processes.
- Create, maintain and test for resilience & recovery.
- Efficiency and cost management.
- Performance and scalability of the services.
- Provide level of audit and control to security personnel.
- Collaborate with the team to come up with technical designs and solutions with adequate documentation.
- Work closely with the team and Architects to discuss solution and implementation strategy.
- Help maintain the platform by fixing bugs and issues coming from the operational pipeline.
- Champion best practices and enable and support more junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge/experience in the following:
- Distributed Systems Architecture and best practices.
- Strong background of traditional ops areas of expertise: Linux, Disk I/O, Networking.
- Knowledge about encryption protocols, public-private key infrastructure, symmetric vs asymmetric keys, current cryptographic hashing algorithms and their use in HTTPS / SSH and other protocols.
- Continuous delivery - principles and pragmatics of dealing with build pipelines, artifact repositories, zero-downtime deployment and modern software development engineering best practices.
- Proving resilience via failure injection (chaos monkey), DR testing, scalability via load and stress testing.
- Familiarity with docker and container ecosystem.
- Sensitivity to (but also boldness to influence) culture and behaviour across an organisation.
- Using, developing and debugging on Linux.
- Developing and debugging in a distributed environment.
- Familiar with distributed version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment using approaches such as scrum and Kanban.
Desirable: (Experience in one or more of the following)
- Microservice architecture.
- Experience with OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML and preferably: LDAP, ADFS, WS-Federation.
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure, Envelope encryption, Key Management, Identity Access Management.
- Knowledge of network programming and protocol including REST, HTTP.
- Hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
- Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite, Grafana, etc.
- Extensive experience with at least one scripting language apart from BASH (Ruby, Perl, Python, Go).
- Ability to read / debug Java code, experience with Java tuning (GC especially).
- Ability to analyze network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
Benefits and Rewards:
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team at Mimecast to learn more about our rewards and benefits.
Check us out here too…
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
- Mimecast Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
- Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
- LinkedIn Life page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mimecast/life?trk=nav_type_life
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.