A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
Technology does amazing things in our daily lives, yet often is a source of pain and confusion within health care. We want to be different at Devoted, so we have built tools and frameworks that allow us to solve our members and our teammates needs quickly and flexibly.
Our Infrastructure team is composed of Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers and Security Engineers. Together we build and support a platform that allows our software teams to deploy code 40+ times a day by relying on exhaustive test suites, fine-grained tooling, and monitoring to ensure reliability.
Our current Infrastructure stack includes Terraform, Puppet, Ubuntu, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes (EKS), Vault, DataDog, and CircleCI. We write most of our tooling in Go and bash. We are also unafraid to contribute to application code when the need arises our application stack includes React, Typescript, Go, gRPC, GraphQL, and Postgres.
Our team works on a diverse range of projects: from improving the security and reliability of our Kubernetes platform to analyzing the performance and stability of our applications (and contributing improvements) to expanding the tools that support our fully automated test/merge/deploy pipeline. All of Devoted has come to rely on the speed and stability of our platforms. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join and help us continue to deliver this same level of service to all of our teammates and members as we grow.
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with humility, a willingness to learn new things, and a desire to be part of a supportive team environment
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems
- Curiosity and drive to improve process and tooling
- Tendency to look deeply into the details (and encode them into the documentation and tools that give you and your teammates the confidence to move on to the next challenge)
- Great troubleshooting skills and ability to debug problems that span multiple systems or technologies
- Enthusiasm for working with an experienced team to learn modern technologies and develop new tools and processes
Desired skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience in a hands-on software engineering or technical operations role, with escalating scope of responsibility
- Experience developing services and infrastructure in AWS
- Optional: Experience with some of the following areas: Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience implementing infrastructure, deploy, or security automation and tooling
- Experience as part of an On-call or Incident Response team.
- Strong communication skills with a history of successful collaboration with Engineering teams and other Business units
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.