Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. Youll design, build, and maintain internally critical and externally-visible systems in the cloud while ensuring uptime, scale, and performance is met appropriate to our end users needs. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, collaborative group, youll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their critical assets.
What Youll Do
- Engage in and refine the entire lifecycle for services (both internal and external) from inception and design, through deployment, operation and optimization.
- Ownership, architecture and management of AWS infrastructure as code (IaC) components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, ECS, EMR Kinesis, DynamoDB, Route 53, KMS, etc.
- Assist in design, implementation, and enhancement of container orchestration tooling and management systems.
- Continuous Integration and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software using GitLab CI, Spinnaker and proprietary internal tooling.
- Working with configuration management tools: - Salt, Ansible, Chef.
- Ownership of monitoring and alerting for internal and external services.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Provide continual enhancements to our security and operational posture.
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements.
What Youll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with software development
- Experience working with Terraform or other IaC tools
- Ability to manage infrastructure using a preferred scripting language including Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Solid understanding/experience of containerization platforms and the K8s ecosystem.
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Production-grade monitoring and logging experience. Experience with any of Cloudwatch, Splunk, ELK, SignalFX, Wavefront a plus
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, microservices, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols and concepts
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security experience a plus
- Experience with Hive, Presto and Athena a plus
Experience with SOC, FedRAMP, NIST compliance a plus.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape whats possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
More Jobs From