Office Tour Photos
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup that is disrupting a $1.5T market nows the time! Join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
About the role
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a proven track record for delivering first class software defined infrastructure. You will maintain and scale our infrastructure for deploying and monitoring our software using the latest tools and methodologies, including Agile, CI/CT/CD, and Infrastructure as Code. More specifically, you will construct the software pipeline that will be used by our engineers. Takeoffs continued success and our deployment model means that things are always changing, and we're looking to find the right person to help optimize our platforms to support that growth.
This is exciting because you will:
- Help to create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics.
- Partner with developers to apply best practices to ensure full working test, training and production environments using logging/monitoring tools (ie. Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana), alerting/notification tools (Opsgenie, PagerDuty), (any other tools that help reduce time-to-detect/time-to-mitigate & tools for disaster recovery, high availability, and business continuity)
- Work closely with IT and Software Engineers to resolve outages and implement changes to avoid future issues.
- Troubleshoot complex scalability/availability issues for the highly distributed messaging system
- Designing, building and maintaining CI/CD, testing, and operations infrastructure for our systems.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional technical projects
- Pro-actively identifies areas to drive automation across e-commerce platform
- Develops Innovation strategies, processes, automation, fail-over experience
- Design and setup of new large cloud clusters
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience building, operating, and supporting scalable eCommerce solutions.
- 3+ years experience building solutions on Cloud platform providers such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- 2+ years experience running Docker containerized workloads on the Kubernetes container orchestration platform.
- 2+ years experience w/ building end-to-end automated CI/CD pipelines.
- A proven track record of excellent customer service delivery, including working with developers, ops, and clients to troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems in a timely manner.
- Strong hands-on familiarity with infrastructure automation and test tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and InSpec.
- Experience working with highly complex commercial systems such as Oracle DB and SAP.
- Experience being an embedded member of an application scrum team, as well as requirements gathering, design, project planning, and implementation of process and tooling.
- Strong architectural level of understanding of software, networks, security, and operations, with the knowledge and know-how to influence software and operations design and process.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- BS or MS degree in software engineering or related field, or equivalent.
Why youll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Were disrupting the e-Grocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- Youll work with a smart, experienced team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
What we offer
- Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.more at www.takeoff.com.
More Jobs From