Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Site Reliability Engineer will play a critical role in the Amwell Hosting department. Specifically, they will work to automate infrastructure management, improve service reliability, and support software delivery and deployment.
- Automate the deployment and management of infrastructure on public cloud platforms
- Support services-oriented web applications using container, cloud native, and serverless technologies
- Develop tools for integrations and task automation
- Ensure compliance with security and data handling policies, including PCI, HIPAA, and HITRUST
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with product developers to ensure successful deployment and hosting of Amwell products
- 5 or more years of experience supporting production systems
- 3 or more years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, and Bash
- 3 or more years of experience with web application architecture
- 3 or more years of experience Development experience working with IaC tools like Terraform and CDK
- 3 or more years of hands on experience working with containerization tools Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- 3 or more years working with Cloud computing providers, with solid understanding of AWS concepts, services, and tools
- 3 or more years of experience managing Linux based systems
- Well versed in TCP/IP networking concepts
- Technical and non-technical communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Should you join American Well and the Hosting team, you can expect:
American Wells Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwells Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinics second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance