The Site Reliability Engineer assists Acoustic in supporting our SaaS products in the market, and bridges the disciplines of Product Engineering and Operations. The SRE is responsible for availability, latency, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning for Acoustic’s products in the global market.
What You'll Do
- Support Agile CD/CI methodologies with Development and QA teams for deployment, testing, and resolving defects while maintaining 24x7x365 availability.
- Monitoring of Production, Test, & Development environments of AWS cloud-based analytical applications with open-source technologies including Icinga/Nagios & Grafana.
- Automate deployment of new infrastructure & configuration management of over 700 CentOS/RHEL servers using Puppet & GIT within AWS cloud environment through Infrastructure as Code (IAC) methodologies.
- Participating in a 24/7/365 on-call escalation rotation to ensure SLA requirements are met with 99.99% availability (primary support is SaaS Operations).
- Deploy, administer and maintain distributed-computing Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Software development & operational maintenance with Linux Shell (Bash) scripting via the command line.
- Expertise with AWS services such as IAM, EC2, S3 storage, Load Balancers, Availability Zones, Certificate Manager.
- Basic SQL database administration along with troubleshooting and tuning.
- Understanding Java application services and troubleshooting them
- Technical Certifications commensurate with responsibilities
- Formal Certification in AWS (AWS Solutions Architect (Associate or higher)
- 7+ years in an SRE role in a large corporate/SaaS environment
- Java application
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SaaS operational experience
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.