CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to design and support automated manufacturing equipment. You will collaborate with multiple teams in CreateMe to understand the manufacturing requirements for our products and create concepts, prototypes, and production equipment to meet these product requirements. You will design control panels, HMIs, PLC programs, and integrate industrial robots. You will work closely with the CreateMe engineering teams including mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, and robotics, to integrate the required mechanical, controls, and robotics system into your designs. You will be involved in architecting a factory control system that will monitor and control all equipment operation through IoT devices and Industry 4.0 connectivity, and become part of a digital twin manufacturing system.
- Develop PLC based control systems for use in custom capital equipment
- Specify and/or perform panel layout for custom capital equipment
- Create BOM and schematics for custom capital equipment and/or review schematics produced by external vendors for accuracy
- Support prototype creation through component selection, prototype panel creation, and control system programming
- Support safety reviews for applicable codes such as OSHA
- Support all phases of equipment development including concept, prototyping, fabrication, assembly, debug, sustaining operation
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit, function and design intent
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering or other related degrees
- 10+ years experience in control system design for automated capital equipment
- AutoCAD or similar CAD software experience for schematics and panel layout diagrams
- Ability to work with team members of all levels and disciplines
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- A "lend a hand" teamwork attitude is essential
- Ability to travel to equipment vendor locations for design reviews and FAT occasionally
- Factory control system integration experience through SCADA, IOT, system or similar
- Machine vision experience such as Cognex or Keyence, or other
- Motion control experience such as servos, steppers, VFD applications
- Industrial robot experience such as Fanuc, ABB, Kuka, Epson, UR, or other
- Experience with OSHA and UL requirements or industrial equipment
- Demonstrated ability to "tinker" and "hack", either on a professional level or outside of work for hobby or fun.
- PC programming Python, VBA, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java, etc.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.