CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
CreateMe is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design automated manufacturing equipment. You will collaborate with multiple teams in CreateMe to understand the manufacturing requirements for our products and create concepts, prototypes, and production equipment to meet these product requirements. You will source commercially available parts for your designs and integrate those parts into customized automated manufacturing equipment. You will work closely with the CreateMe engineering teams including mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, and robotics to integrate the required electrical, controls, and robotics system into your mechanical designs.
- Mechanical design of automated manufacturing equipment
- Design of fixtures and prototype tools
- Analyze tolerance stacks of assemblies for capability of assembly and fabrication
- Validate solutions through engineering analysis and calculations
- Quickly develop and assess prototypes and proofs-of-concept designs, taking input from a cross-functional team
- Select cost-effective, reliable components for designs
- Prepare cost estimates for equipment in the concept stage
- Support all phases of equipment development including concept, prototyping, fabrication, assembly, debug, sustaining operation
- Provide technical direction and problem resolution during assembly and start-up
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
- Design and detail components and assemblies as related to the manufacture and assembly of custom automation equipment.
- Create 2D drawings and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for your designs
- Execute revisions to BOMs and drawings per redlines and feedback from Manufacturing and Engineering
- Hands-on involvement and desire to verify fit, function and design intent
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Engineering or other related degrees
- 7+ years experience in Machine Design, Manufacturing or Automation Engineering
- Experience with industrial machinery which requires knowledge in both electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Excellent mechanical aptitude. Demonstrated ability to "tinker" and "hack", either on a professional level or outside of work for hobby or fun
- Experience using CAD systems such as SolidWorks to create 3D models and technical drawings
- Understanding/experience with machined parts, sheet metal fabrication, 3D Printing
- Ability to work with team members of all levels and disciplines
- Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- A "lend a hand" teamwork attitude is essential
- Ability to travel to equipment vendor locations for design reviews and FAT occasionally
- Experience with adhesives
- Experience with web handling
- Experience in an automated factory environment with direct responsibility for automated assembly lines
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- PLC and HMI programming experience any
- Industrial robotics experience
- PC programming Python, VBA, VB, C (C, C++, C#), Java, etc.
- Statistical Software - any (JMP, Minitab, Quantum Excel)
- GD&T experience
- Knowledge of machine standards such as OSHA or ISO
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.